The My Little Farm Preschool Language Screener is a non-standardized screening tool created to help assess language skills in young children.
It is designed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist and is customized to be used with the My Little Farm language-building play set.
The screener is very easy to administer and can be used to:
- Measure treatment effectiveness & skill growth over time.
- Identify students who may be at high risk for a learning disorder.
- Collect information regarding a child's early language skills.
- Supplement data of a standardized language assessment.
- Measure treatment effectiveness and skill-growth over time.
Help educators and clinicians choose areas of skill development to target for Response to Intervention (RTI.)
- Compare a student's performance to students at the same grade level.
- Aid in determination of a language delay or disorder.
This non-standardized screener assesses many areas of language including:
- Following Directions
- Sequencing Events
- Listening Comprehension
- Describing Actions
- Answering Questions
- Early Language Concepts
Included in the Screener Kit:
Two High Quality Portable Flip books and a pack of 10 protocols and a FREE downloadable, printable screener form.
Book 1 - screens for 20 basic concepts, both receptive and expressive.
Book 2 - includes 4 subtests: Describing Actions, Answering Questions, Following Directions & Sequencing Events.
An understanding of basic concepts is foundational for students to be able to follow directions and develop early math and pre-reading skills.
The My Little Farm Early Language Screener is individually administered to establish a baseline for basic concepts and early language skills.
***PURCHASE BUNDLED OR SEPARATE***
The Screener can be purchased separately for anyone who already owns My Little Farm, or bundled with an MLF Play set.